Liversedge FC vs Eccleshill United: NCEL

Eccleshill United

A Piece of Cake for Sedge at Eccleshill

Away to Eccleshill it was Sedge who kicked off with the slight slope and rain on the heavy Mitton Group Stadium pitch. Undesirable conditions made worse as Liversedge were forced to start without Ross Daley who had failed a late fitness.

Sedge almost scored in the first minute when from a corner Emerson in goal fumbled the ball but collected at the second attempt on the line. A minute later Porritt on the right crossed with Joe Walton just failing to reach with a header and Eccleshill cleared. Sedge were doing all the early pressing but were almost caught out on 8 minutes when Staunton fed Bleau on the right, his perfect cross to the far post was met by Softley who somehow missed and put the ball wide of the post. A minute later Joe Walton had a shot which was saved by Emerson. On the 15th  Sedge got the breakthrough when from a free kick, Fearon got behind the home defence to score.


Two minutes later Sedge got a second goal when from a Porritt free kick on halfway Tarangadzo got a head to the ball beating the keeper making it 2-0.  The home side were finding it hard making any headway up front and made a change on the half hour with Cissa coming on for Buchanan, shortly after Sedge’s Walton came close again as his header hit the top of the bar.  On 36 minutes it was 3-0 to Sedge when from another Porritt free kick that man Tarangadzo scored again at the second attempt blasting the ball home. Eccleshill saw a chance by Irving saved by Porter in goal and forced three corners to no avail as half time approached. The first chance fell to the home side in the second half but Cissa shot over the bar on 48 minutes. Good work from Gaughan and Porritt gave Fearon a chance, but his shot went for a goal kick. Sedge had the ball in the net in the 54th but the referee disallowed it but on 58 minutes it was 4-0 when a low shot from Porritt hit the post and went in.

62 minutes in and Eccleshill brought on King for Barnes and 2 minutes later it was King who put a great cross into the Sedge box, but nobody was there to finish for the home side. Good play from Staunton and Cissa out left saw Aldrich shoot wide for the home side. Both sides made substitutions on the 72nd with Sedge making three; Bottomley, Boshell and Raw coming on for Walton, Ghaichem and Gaughan.

Fearon had a shot go over on 83 minutes and Jack Steers just failed to force the ball home from close range on 85 minutes. A minute later Eccleshill’s last chance fell to substitute King who sent his shot over the bar. The Sedge go unbeaten in the League again. UTS.





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *