Match Report – North Ferriby FC 0-1 Liversedge FC – 23032024

Northern Premier League – East Division

North Ferriby FC 0

Liversedge FC 2 (Boateng 24′ | Carr 49′)

North Ferriby: Harry Fisk (GK), Jack Johnson, Jack Walters, Levi Tarbotton (Joel Shortland 46′), Niall Tilsley, Dom Roma, Danny Earl (Harry Lovick 65′), Matty Dixon, McCauley Snelgrove, Josh Whitley, Amir Berchil (Tom Corner 46′). Subs not used: Tom Jackson, Harry Wallis.

Liversedge: Jordan Porter (GK), Kwame Boateng, Jeremie Milambo, Simon Heslop (George Proctor 78′), Dan Hartley, Kurt Harris, Alex Wollerton, Alfie Raw, Eddie Church, Jack Dyche (Theo Hudson 75′), Jack Carr (Will Portman 85′). Subs not used: Kevy Tarangadzo, Joe Walton.

Referee: Gavin Scott

Booked: Tilsley, Berchil, Lovick (North Ferriby) Heslop, Harris (Liversedge)

Venue: The Dransfield Stadium

Attendance: 508

Last Saturday, Liversedge travelled to a windy East Yorkshire to face North Ferriby again this season, securing 3 points with a 2-0 win.

With our hosts getting the game underway, the first 10 minutes offered little chance and looked like the match would be picking up where the reverse fixture ended. 9 minutes in, North Ferriby created the first chance of the game. Josh Whitley found himself with the opportunity to strike, but Jordan Porter was left untroubled by the effort and hit straight towards him.

Liversedge was quick to respond, Jeremie Milambo with a driving run forward from left back and striking the ball from range. Though this effort was comprehensive, it displayed the attacking threat both full-backs would show throughout the game.

After a few North Ferriby chances, which saw Niall Tilsley head over following a throw-in and Danny Earl shooting straight at Porter, Sedge put the home side under pressure for the next few minutes, earning a corner on the right side. Milambo aimed for Eddie Church, but the hosts cleared it, and host keeper Harry Fisk claimed a second cross from Milambo.

However, the game’s first goal would arrive only a few minutes later. Kwame Boateng would win the ball in Sedge’s half and took off on an incredible run which beat a few North Ferriby players before playing a well-timed one-two with Church, who through ball back to the full-back, took out the remaining defenders and presented Boateng the opportunity to neatly place the ball in the back of the net.

Chances dried up in the first half after Sedge took the lead. Kurt Harris would see a yellow card for a foul on Amir Berchil, preventing a counterattack from North Ferriby. Berchil was later booked for a very similar challenge in the half. Sedge had one more notable chance: Jack Carr created well down the left side, and Milambo linked up well. The left-back’s pullback was attacked by a group consisting of a few Sedge forwards and North Ferriby defenders, who managed to clear their lines in a slightly frantic-looking scene.

Three more opportunities presented themselves to the home side, with the first falling to Earl, who was through on goal against Porter, forcing the Sedge keeper to make a brilliant save one-on-one with the lively winger. McCauley Snelgrove had an effort shot wide, and Earl volleyed over under pressure from Milambo as North Ferriby chased the equaliser before half-time. Sedge went into the break a goal ahead and good value for it, too.

HALF TIME: North Ferriby FC 0-1 Liversedge FC

Following a Sedge supporter’s victory in the half-time crossbar challenge, spirits were high among the travelling support and players heading into the second half. North Ferriby changed at the break to get back into the game, replacing Levi Tarbotton and Berchil with Tom Corner and Joel Shortland.

However, thanks to Carr’s brilliant finish, Sedge would take the game beyond the hosts. Following a North Ferriby free kick, for which Simon Heslop was shown a yellow card for preventing it from being taken, Sedge broke forward, and Carr received the ball on the edge of the box. He turned his man before striking with his right foot, curling the ball into the top right corner of the goal, giving Fisk no chance of saving it. He finishes the very definition of “top bins”.

With that, Sedge went looking to put their hosts to the sword. Jack Dyche put the pressure on high up the pitch, and his hard work gave Church a chance to get a third, but Fisk saved to keep his side in with a chance. Dyche then had his own opportunity with Alex Wollerton setting him up, though this shot was wide of the post.

The game had swung massively in Sedge’s favour, with North Ferriby not creating any danger for most of the second half. Another change for the hosts was when Earl was replaced with Harry Lovick. Church was still keen on a goal and had a few chances in the second half. The first was presented by Boateng, crossing from the right side for the Sedge striker, but his header was narrowly wide of the post. Another opportunity fell Church’s way, but the strike was again off-target.

As the game progressed, Sedge became more and more in control. Subs were made, with Dyche being subbed following a good shift and replaced with Theo Hudson. Heslop was also replaced by George Proctor after his battling display in midfield. Carr was also subbed off late on, letting fans applaud his spectacular goal again as Will Portman came on to reinforce the defence.

Further bookings for Lovick and Tilsley would be North Ferriby’s last action in the game, as Sedge kept their push for a third. Church found himself in a good position following a cross from Milambo, but Fisk was able to collect before anyone else could make contact. Sedge’s dominance in the second half was on show with the game’s last chance. Proctor found Harris high up the pitch, and the centre-back’s curling effort wasn’t far from bending in at the far post. After 4 minutes of added time, the referee blew his whistle to confirm a well-earned 3 points for Sedge.

FULL TIME: North Ferriby FC 0-2 Liversedge FC

Report by Cam Cromack

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *